Ellen’s top ten tips for happiness
1. My first golden rule is that I don’t have rules. So everything below is subject to change at any time. Or not.
2. Don’t be afraid of change. It’s important to keep trying new things and new ways to live. Creative people need to be stimulated.
3. Find what you’re passionate about and pursue it. I took a while to find my passion. When I realised it was to make people happy and make them laugh, I became extremely driven. I still give myself new goals and work towards achieving them.
4. Sleep. A lot. I think it’s important to get eight hours a night. In order to be your best self, you have to shut down and restore for the next day.
5. Exercise every day. Stretch, walk, do yoga. Get the blood flowing.
6. Meditate. Even if you don’t have a mantra, sit quietly for at least 10 minutes a day.
7. Surround yourself with things that make you happy, whether it’s nature, art or even a piece of furniture. I love being surrounded by animals – they have taught me trust and unconditional love.
8. Don’t beat yourself up if you do something stupid. Let it go. Nothing is as important as it seems. Try to look at the big picture and get a different perspective.
9. Don’t have regrets. You can learn something from every experience.
9.5. (Am I allowed to do this?) Read The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz.
10. Be kind to one another. You probably knew I was gonna say that.