Sydney Gay & Lesbian Business Association offering scholarships
Sydney Gay & Lesbian Business Association (SGLBA) are offering two $2,000 scholarships to university or TAFE students who are currently studying business/commerce related courses.
To be eligible to apply for the scholarship students must identify as a member of the LGBTI community and have completed at least one year’s full time study in a business/commerce related course.
Applicants must also be currently enrolled in a course at University or TAFE in the greater Sydney region.
"We are committed to helping students in the LGBTQI community get the best possible start in business," SGLBA Networking Director Greg Reynolds said. "So if you qualify, get your application form in without delay - or if you know of someone who may qualify then please tell them about it today."
To apply for the scholarship you need to submit the following information:
- Details of the course in which you are enrolled
- Details of your past academic performance including certified copies of academic transcripts
- Confirm you identify as a member of the LGBTQI community
- Provide a statement (maximum 2 A4 pages) of how you believe they could strengthen the LGBTQI community at either your place of study or in the wider community
- Provide any other detail they feel will assist the SGLBA in considering your application
Applications close at 5pm on Friday June 27 2014 and should be submitted to:
The Networking Director
Sydney Gay and Lesbian Business Association
PO Box 394
Darlinghurst NSW 1300