SX, Sydney’s favourite gay and lesbian weekly news magazine, is now accepting applications from university/tertiary students and graduates to join the team as editorial interns.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
• Editorial intern duties include, but are not limited to, fact-checking articles, research for writers and editors, transcribing interviews, pitching story ideas, reporting on events and writing for the magazine and/or website.
• Editorial interns will have close interaction with other staff writers, editors and designers. Interns will attend staff meetings, internal editorial sessions, PR functions/launches and corporate events.
• SX is published by Evo Media, Australia’s largest gay and lesbian publishing house. As well as SX, interns will also have the opportunity to work on other titles in its portfolio, including CULT Magazine and GayNewsNetwork.com.au.
• Editorial interns will have an opportunity to be published and build a portfolio of published work.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Editorial interns must be able to work 1-2 days per week, unpaid, for a minimum of three months.
• SX is a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. Editorial interns must display enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn.
• Applicants must possess strong written and communication skills.
• Applicants must have a basic understanding of issues affecting the LGBTIQ communities.
SX is committed to providing interns with a rich learning experience. We work closely with each intern to ensure that their experience is positive and enriching.
This is a rare opportunity for an enthusiastic and hungry young journalist/writer to join Australia’s leading gay and lesbian publishing house, and to get an insight into magazine publishing.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and a cover letter with two samples of writing to:
The role is based in Sydney.